Senior Software Engineer
Hostway | HOSTING has been a global leader in managed and cloud hosting for over 20 years, serving customers ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, and specializing in hosting mission critical workloads and applications. We deliver highly secure, compliant, and always available solutions to thousands of customers worldwide and commit ourselves to:
- Live by our Customer Pledge by giving each and every customer the exceptional service they deserve.
- Providing unmatched technical expertise.
- Empowering customers to run their apps where they run best, made possible by our hybrid cloud.
- Providing customers with 24/7 phone access to real experts, including cloud-hosting experts who are committed to solving customer problems.
We are first and foremost a service company, enabled by technology… not the other way around. We believe that service is the core to creating a vibrant, “built-to-last” organization. If what we’ve said isn’t a mission you can get behind, or you are looking for a big paycheck to do more “directing” than “doing”… stop reading.
Still with us? You likely believe that there is more to a job than just getting paid, and that the mission really matters. Good. Because we believe that too.
For more information about Hostway | HOSTING, please visit http://www.hostway.com.
The Software Engineer at Hostway|HOSTING is responsible for software design, implementation and the ultimate delivery of a quality product. The life cycle includes development based on the Product Owner’s specifications and customer inputs to achieve high quality product delivery. Hosting’s products provide technology support and management for both external and internal customers. The products cover software for provisioning and management of virtualization, networking, and/or storage hardware, as well as managed services supporting these products.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Work with others in a cross-functional agile development environment
- Construct software using modern software principles and state of the art technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot coding issues
- Ensure that development/integration documentation is adequate, complete and published
- Establish strong communication and cooperation with other company departments
- Participate in daily standups and deliver bi-weekly interactive demos to customers
- Participate in peer-reviews of code and offer suggested refactorings in line with best-practice design patterns
- Develop and integrate applications and systems to meet customer needs based on product owner requirements
- Provide Release Management support for deployment of developed products or features
- Support issues escalated to engineering
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an engineering or software development field
- Ability to learn and communicate technical information
- Object Oriented design
- Familiarity with .NET unit test framework
- Unit and Integration test practices
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- High energy level and enthusiasm
ADDITIONAL VALUED SKILLS:
- Networking (routing/switching/firewalls/load balancers)
- Security (basic standards of compliance)
- ALM / Deployment Tool Configuration and Maintenance
- Application Infrastructure Configuration and Maintenance
- AWS, Azure
- TypeScript, Java, Python
- TFS Source Control, Visual Studio, Node.js, Bootstrap, Knockout
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment), Test Automation
Hostway offers a competitive salary and benefits including Paid Time Off, free Medical to Employees, Dental, retirement plan with 401(k) match, and much more. If you are interested in joining a profitable, growing, and dynamic company, we want to hear from you! Hostway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Hostway thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.