Hostway and HOSTING have merged, creating one of the largest managed cloud services platforms in the world. Together, Hostway | HOSTING has been a global leader in managed and cloud hosting for over 20 years, serving customers ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, and specializing in hosting mission critical workloads and applications. We deliver highly secure, compliant, and always available solutions to thousands of customers worldwide and commit ourselves to:
- Live by our Customer Pledge by giving each and every customer the exceptional service they deserve.
- Providing unmatched technical expertise.
- Empowering customers to run their apps where they run best, made possible by our hybrid cloud.
- Providing customers with 24/7 phone access to real experts, including cloud-hosting experts who are committed to solving customer problems.
We are first and foremost a service company, enabled by technology… not the other way around. We believe that service is the core to creating a vibrant, “built-to-last” organization. If what we’ve said isn’t a mission you can get behind, or you are looking for a big paycheck to do more “directing” than “doing”… stop reading.
Still with us? You likely believe that there is more to a job than just getting paid, and that the mission really matters. Good. Because we believe that too.
For more information about Hostway | HOSTING, please visit http://www.hostway.com.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller and working with the Finance/Accounting team, the Staff Accountant is responsible for billing, accounts payable and receivable, general journal entries, assisting in month-end close, reconciliations, and performing financial duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathers, analyzes, and inputs financial and related information from various sources into the general ledger system.
- As required, assist with Accounts Receivable processing by working with multiple AR subledgers, recording deposits, investigating chargebacks and processing and answering questions from various internal and external sources.
- Work with account and credit management to investigate, document, and resolve account questions as they arise, in a timely manner.
- Reconciliation of various general ledger accounts, bank and vendor statements.
- Accounts Payable processing as needed – code and post vendor invoices.
- Provide assistance with GST/HST and other related tax fillings.
- Work on ad-hoc projects and additional responsibilities as needed.
- Resolve the root cause of errors to avoid any future problem replication
- Posts cash receipts on a daily basis
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree or higher in accounting or similar discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of general accounting experience.
- Must have experience in a high volume Accounts Receivable and Billing environment, with multiple entities and experience with multiple accounting systems.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Experience using Netsuite with multiple entities, locations and currencies.
- Zuora experience is desirable
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office; highly proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Competency in:
- Basic customer data management operation (MS Access, Odin Automation or equivalent)
- Computer business and/or web applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Lync or equivalent)
- (preferred) Basic configuration, operation and troubleshooting Windows, Macintosh and Linux OSs
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure, either independently or as a member of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Consistent and efficient work ethic
- Good critiquing skills with an overall positive attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in fast passed environment
Hostway offers a competitive salary and benefits including Paid Time Off, free Medical to Employees, Dental, retirement plan with 401(k) match, and much more. If you are interested in joining a profitable, growing, and dynamic company, we want to hear from you! Hostway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Hostway thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.